SBI SO Syllabus and Exam Pattern 2022
The SO (Specialist Officer) exam will soon be conducted by the SBI (State Bank of India). For that, interested candidates must be well aware of the SBI SO Syllabus and Exam Pattern in order to prepare well for the examination. The SBI SO Syllabus consists of important subjects and chapters that will be asked in the examination. The candidates can check the highlight of the SBI SO Syllabus and Exam Pattern in the space below:
- The SBI SO Selection Process varies according to the post.
- The candidates have to clear all stages of the selection process.
- A written exam (online) will be conducted for the post of System Officer (Test Engineer, Web Developer, and Performance/ Senior Automation Test Engineer).
- The written exam will have objective-type questions.
The candidates who are applying for the SBI SO examination should get all the details of the SBI SO Syllabus and Exam Pattern beforehand. In addition to that, the candidates can also refer to the official syllabus PDF, important books and preparation strategy to boost up their SBI Specialist Officer examination.
SBI SO Syllabus
The SBI SO Syllabus consists of all the important topics and chapters that are asked in the Specialist Officer examination. The online written exam will be based on General Aptitude and Professional Knowledge. The topics covered under these subjects are mentioned below.
|General Aptitude||Test of Reasoning|
|Professional Knowledge||General IT Knowledge|
|Role based IT Knowledge|
SBI SO Exam Pattern
The written exam for SBI SO will be an objective-type, online test. Candidates must keep in mind the following about the SBI SO exam pattern:
- The exam will have 270 marks.
- There will be 195 questions in the exam.
- The duration of the exam will be 160 minutes.
The detailed SBI SO exam pattern for the written exam is as mentioned below
|Subject||Topics||No. of Questions||Marks||Duration (Minutes)|
|General Aptitude||Test of Reasoning||50||50||90|
|Professional Knowledge||General IT Knowledge||25||50||70|
|Role based IT Knowledge||50||100|
The selection process for all posts has an interview round. For the post of System Officer (Test Engineer, Web Developer, and Performance/ Senior Automation Test Engineer), the weightage of the interview will be 30%, and 70% will be for the online written test. The final merit list of the SBI SO will be prepared on the basis of the marks obtained by the candidate in all stages, including the interview.
SBI Specialist Officer Preparation Strategy
The most important aspect for clearing the SBI SO Examination is an excellent preparation strategy. In the previous year, a lot of candidates have cracked the SBI SO examination and cracked it with ease. The toppers have also shared their preparation strategy to tackle the written test and interview section.
- Check the Syllabus - The first step to ace the SBI SO Exam is having a knowledge of the SBI SO Syllabus as well as its exam pattern. The candidates should check all the topics that are important from the exam point of view. Once this is done, they can divide the syllabus into two portions, i.e. minor and major. The minor part will have those topics from which minimum questions are asked. While the major portion will have those topics on which maximum questions are framed.
- Follow Important Books - The next step to prepare for the SBI SO Exam Pattern is having the knowledge of the correct books that help in the preparation. These books not only serve as a basic requirement to tackle the topics, but also consists of a lot of practice questions. The candidate can use these books to base their preparations.
- Mock Tests - Mock tests are those tools which give an extra edge to a candidate’s preparations. As per the latest trend, all the examinations are conducted online with a limited time limit. It is very important that the candidates get a hand on the latest exam pattern and questions. Thus, with mock tests, the candidates get an idea of the level of the exam and also gets to analyze his preparation in comparison to the actual exam level.
Read in detail the SBI SO Eligibility Criteria to know about Age Limit here.
SBI SO Important Books
The written examination of SBI SO in total consists of 5 subjects. The candidates can check out the SBI SO Books to prepare for their written test. These books not only help in clearing the basic concepts. But also contains a lot of practice sets to boost up the problem-solving skills of the candidates.
Verbal and Non-verbal Reasoning
R S Aggrawal
This one helps in developing the basics of verbal and non-verbal reasoning.
This book has a lot of practice questions to master the different topics asked in the test of reasoning.
R S Aggarwal
It is a very important substitute for learning the basics of each chapter of mathematics.
Fast Track Objective Mathematics
A very good book for practicing low to high-level multiple choice based questions.
Wren and Martin
A handy book for mastering the basic grammar rules.
R S Aggarwal
This book is very good for practicing objective based questions.
General IT Knowledge
Management of Information Technology
The guide helps to brush the basics of information technology.
Information Management System
Suman Mann Sima
It has a lot of practice questions to master different topics related to IT and computers.
This book contains a lot of previous year banking questions asked in the banking interviews.
The Secrets of Getting Success in Interviews
B S Sijwalii
This one talks about the basic principles and body language relevant to banking interviews. The book also has a lot of secret tips to tackle bank exams with ease.